L i G H T S
(Ladies Giving Honor to The Savior)
“To unite the women of Blessed Savior Congregation, to further the cause of Jesus Christ and His Church, to encourage one another in the work of God’s Kingdom, and to provide projects, services and events to give honor to our Savior.”
Every confirmed woman over the age of 18 is automatically a member of LWML (Lutheran Women’s Missionary League). Ladies in our church of the age of 16 or older are invited to attend our meetings and become a member of LIGHTS.
Some of the Projects, Services and Events Sponsored by LiGHTS
- Host a craft fair and bake sale on the third Saturday in October
- Have mite box collections every second Sunday of the month in both services.
- Thanksgiving Baskets (including a gift certificate for a turkey in each basket) for seminary students
- Easter bags for the children at Hilltop Day Care
- Peanut butter and jelly collection, for food bank and seminary in May.
- Collect canned goods and non perishable items for T.E.A.M.
- Have a Funeral Meal Fund” in place to provide funeral meals for families of members of our church.
- Prepare and serve a dinner for Lent and Advent.
- Provide poinsettias and lilies for purchase during Christmas and Easter.>
- Provide a Lutheran Prayer Book to every confirmand
- Donated new communion ware.
- Donated 40 tract bags to the “Apple of His Eye”
- Give a LiGHTS welcome bag to all members of LiGHTS and new members to church.
- Have programs for Christian fun and fellowship for the ladies at our meetings.
LiGHTS meets in the fellowship hall of Blessed Savior every 2nd Thursday at 6:00pm, from September to May.